Sunday, August 13, 2006

Gillette Fusion

I've always been a fan of Gillette Razors, even before they bought or built Gillette Stadium. Ever since they sent me a free razor on my 18th birthday. Maybe that gift was thankfully received by me because my parents had gotten divorced when I was young and my father then passed away when I was in high school, so I missed having a father figure in my adolescence. Somehow shaving is manhood.

All this time I've had an incredible step-father, and truly consider him my father. He's helped be be the man I am today. When I was 18 though, I just couldn't open up to him.

So I've been through several generations of Gillette razors. Moreso, when I was studying at Tufts, the human factors department head, Professor Kreifeld, has worked on some of the early razors, trying to make them more ergonomic.

So I've graduated to the Gillette Fusion, thanks to the extra bucks promotions CVS had awhile back. It is a hell of a razor, but the blades don't seem to last as long as the Mach 3. I still have and use my Mach 3. Its kept in my dopp kit for travel.

This topic reminds me of the new gum commercial where the company sells less gum because their new product retains its flavor for so long. Everybody knows that inkjet printers, razors, water filters, and the like, make money through the consumable part of the program. The problem with that is the tug of war between the consumer and the manufacturer. Just look at what happened with Epson and the class action lawsuit against them.

My suggestion is for companies to improve their ongoing service relationships (cars, appliances, etc.) and reduce the price. This isn't a tug-of-war, its a win win. However it is a balance between quality and price. That's why I encourage everyone to give each other respect, be polite, and service your customers well. That's a good way to get paid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I will probably buy from Gillette for the rest of my life. I just turned 18, and I just received a new Gillette Fusion, plus shave gel, in this cool box, saying happy birthday. I know that this is exactly what they want me to think, but hey, what have the other shave companies ever done for me? Lol, I think it was pretty darn thoughtful, and if the competition doesn’t like it, send me something. For now, I’m sticking with Gillette. :D email me at ajsellarole@gmail.com

11:26 PM  
Blogger instoremarketer said...

Thanks for your comment!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home