Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sales Tax Holidays!

Hooray! Many states have sales tax holiday weekends to inspire already addicted shoppers to shop even more.

Massachusetts is having a sales tax holiday next weekend, August 12th and 13th. Last year one of my favorite computer stores stated that they were going to remain open throughout the entire 48 hours of the weekend. Unfortunately, they didn't and I ended up wasting a trip to their store. I'm talking about PCs For Everyone. Despite their miscommunication, I still like their services and returned the next day to make my purchase. I just checked their website to see if they will be doing anything special for this year's sales tax holiday and read that they are actually closing their retail store - for good! Wow. That's really too bad, it was one of the only places you could go and buy quality hardware direct. Anyone know of an alternative?

I'm reviewing the items that I would like to buy during the weekend. Probably some books and maybe some clothes. Unfortunately we still have to pay tax on gasoline. :-(

Do you think people will walk to the store to save money on gas? Yeah right! No way. They'll spend $10 in gas to save $1 in retail tax. Such are the human factors.


Link to the Mass DOR Web page on the 2006 sales holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home