Saturday, July 01, 2006

Impressed by Valvoline - A Review of their Oil Change Service

Awhile back there was a thread on FatWallet and SlickDeals about rebates for Valvoline oil. I bought the oil from Autozone to change it myself, but also noted that they have oil changing services too. News to me.

A few months later, I got a coupon on the back of a receipt from the grocer for $10 off a Valvoline oil change. This month, being in a rush I decided to give it a try. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The service was prompt courteous and got the job done right.

At $32.99 the price is a little high, but with the coupon it came down to $22.99. I'll go back if I can find another coupon!

1 Comments:

Blogger instoremarketer said...

As a follow up to this post, I really have to hand it to Valvoline. They are the FIRST company that I have seen to include some coupons with their rebate check. I send in a ton of rebate forms, and all they send back is a check. I don't want more, but I'm dumbfounded they aren't asking for more. An interested customer has initiated correspondence and a transaction directly with a company - the company should be taking the opportunity to send a message, at least something more than "Here's your lowsy $10", like "Spend more money with us! He's a coupon as an incentive! I bet the response rate to that type of offer would be incredible. Maybe I should ask Valvoline?

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home