Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First Shop at Lowes

I went to Lowes for the first time this morning. I've heard many reviews say that it is the more "manicured" home improvement store, compared to Home Depot, and thus more acceptable to women.

The store does have a more organized appearance. There are more colorful signs, and everything seems cleaner. As a reference, it took me about 45 minutes to buy the following:
* One (1) blue tarp
* Two (2) fire extinguishers
* Two (2) pad locks
* One (1) door latch

Which I find an acceptable amount of time. It would have been faster if the locks were not mislabeled - they rang up as $5.49, instead of $4.49, like posted on the shelf. I went back to the shelf and saw that the box of locks was simply in the wrong place on the shelf. This really annoys me, and it caused major problems for me with Office Max. Also, I hadn't planned on buying the fire extinguishers, but when I saw them I remembered that I needed two of them.

Overall, I don't think Lowes is much different than Home Depot. I did notice that the price of an in-line duct fan switch was about $7 higher than Home Depot's price.

Overall, I give Lowes a positive review. In purchasing the items, I used the self checkout. The interface reminded me of the one they have at IKEA, but this one worked much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home