Thursday, September 07, 2006

Furniture Stores for real

We're chimed in how much we dislike annoying furniture commercials:

Annoying furniture store commercials!

But what about the furniture stores themselves? What are they like inside? Well, my wife and I went shopping at a few this past weekend and here's what we found:

Jordan's Furniture
Jordan's has an expansive clearance section, but in my humble opinion, the prices are high, and the fixtures are junk. The show room has a much nicer presentation, but again I found the offerings were a more polished set of the same: high prices for low quality fixtures.

IKEA
IKEA has much better prices, but everytime I go there it takes so long to find anything. In this instance, we finally found something we liked, so we went to the self service stocking area, only to find they were out of stock. Doh!

Target
We first shopped Target online, and then my wife went there tonight. We were able to shop online (me) and in-store (she) at the same time. We decided on what we wanted to buy, and she confirmed the quality was up to par, and the pricing was much better than the alternatives. We paid $500 for two 6 drawer dressers, $250 each.

Target: Mission 6-Drawer Dresser is a good deal.

Please note, this item is VERY heavy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home