Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Comcast versus Google versus Firefox

Uh-oh. Something is going badly with Comcast, Google, and Firefox. Here in the Boston area, a traceroute on the Comcast network to google over the http (port 80) protocol is stopped at above.net. Something fishy is going on.

My guess is that Comcast is trying to do something fishy with internet acceleration, Internet Explorer, and the like. When I was trying to debug the issue, it seemed as though my client was downloading more information that I had actually requested.

Hmmmmm. I called in to Comcast to see if there was a problem and they said no. Apparently there is, I've confirmed this with two other sources - a friend of mine who is also on the Comcast network, and I found a blog with the same type of reports, Bostonist I think.

Yes, here's the link:

Its Not Firefox... Its Comcastic!

Other reports:

Northeast complains of Google...

Google investigating access difficulties...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home