Saturday, September 16, 2006

Home Depot Self Checkout Meltdown

I went to Home Depot today to return a faucet adapter, and while I was at it I decided to do some shopping. I actually spent over an hour there, looking for some items, while waiting for some items to find me.

One item I've been looking for is a quality distance measurement tool for quickly measuring room dimensions. They have something like that at Home Depot, but it seemed like low quality, too expensive, and it took a 9-volt battery, which was nonsensical to me.

I did find some screen repair supplies, as well as some glue sticks, two items I was not looking for.

After I was finished shopping, I went to the self checkout and rung up some items. One item, a set of small plastic bins was marked as $5 marked down to $4.18. The self checkout monitor reported needing assistance for entering the price, and when the Home Depot employee ( a very nice and helpful woman, albeit very busy with the problematic self checkout registers ) entered its UPC code, the item rang up for clearance, only $9000. Obviously this was a mistake, so she manually entered the price.

As I continued, an older woman was waiting for her husband to get his turn with the assistant, and so she sat down on what looked like a bench, but is actually a scale that the self checkout registers use to weigh the bagging items. This caused all sorts of problems, and if this post is worth anything, it will send a message to Home Depot to PUT A CHAIR BY THE SELF CHECKOUT REGISTERS!!! This is the second time I've seen this happen so it needs to be resolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home