Monday, April 10, 2006

Sears In-Store Merchandise Pickup


I bought some pliers online from Sears.com this past Saturday (and received three small pliers for free - thanks SlickDeals.net!) and selected to have them picked up in the store to avoid any shipping costs.

The process was almost seamless. I ordered, received an email the next day, signed in at the kiosk in the store, waited approximately five minutes, and my order came through some warehouse doors. I signed a UPS-style hand-held scanner, and then left.

What would I have improved? Let me count the ways:
1. I should have received an immediate email summarizing my order. I didn't receive an email until the order was ready. Maybe they wait because too many customers do not read their emails and assume their order is ready right away.
2. They should include specific directions to where the in-store merchandise pickup is.
3. The in-store merchandising pickup area should be better setup. See the picture above for the one in the store I visited.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home