Thursday, February 08, 2007

PC Connection Online Store

Have you shopped at PCConnection.com? Their store is very good: easy to browse, fast, and all with good pricing. They might not be as cheap as newegg.com, but they also have an amazing selection, including phones and telecom accessories.

However, they have a bizzare achilles heel. When checking out today, I entered some information into the shipping notes text area and unknowingly exceeded the 60 character minimum. This prevented my order from processing, and if I hadn't double checked, I would have closed my browser window without knowing and my order would not have processed.

A better method would be a fixed limit on the number of characters in the text area, with a javascript alert if the user exceeded 55 characters.

E-commerce retailers, or e-tailers as they're sometimes called need to be careful about anything that could stop the order from processing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home